Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Annual Resolution: 52 Books in 52 Weeks


The best resolutions for me are the ones that are ones that I truly want. Desire. That's how I can get myself to actually do them.

Sure, I'd love to be toned, but do I desire to spend more time in the gym? Eh. I'd love to be better at what I eat all the time. To give up Five Guys or Chik-Fil-A when the mood strikes. But that's not so much a desire - and those things won't make me a better person. Sure I will have some resolutions for those too, but this one is my primary this year. Now that grad school is finished and I have some time to read things that are outside of the realm of project management, I decided that of my two biggest passions, cooking and reading, reading has fallen by the wayside. 

I've always had a varied vocabulary, but I picked up Brave New World the other night and found myself googling for definitions a couple of times. Have I really grown that rusty? I guess so - since I can't really remember the last new book I picked up. What a horrifying revelation. 

That spurred me into this challenge for myself. 52 books in 52 weeks. That can be either one book a week, can include "sometimes" books that will take me all year to read, or can be a mixture. Every so often I'll post how I'm doing, likely an end-of-month summary, what books I've liked the best, etc. I'll be tracking them in the meantime through www.goodreads.com.  This is my resolution for the year. 

If you have any suggestions for books, feel free to make them! I'm sort of just going along as I think of them or get suggestions! 

Happy Reading!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment